The control logic is the heart of the CPU. It’s what defines the opcodes the processor recognizes and what happens when it executes each instruction.
- 8-bit CPU control logic: Part 1
- 8-bit CPU control logic: Part 2
- 8-bit CPU control logic: Part 3
- 8-bit CPU reset circuit and power supply tips
- Reprogramming CPU microcode with an Arduino
- Adding more machine language instructions to the CPU
- more coming soon!
|2||74LS04 (Hex inverter)|
|1||74LS138 (3-to-8 line decoder)|
|3||74LS161 (4-bit synchronous binary counter)|